In the current world we live in, it’s incredibly important to put a focus on finding strategies to keep ourselves and our families safe and healthy. Although our homes should be our safe place, germs and bacteria can be carried in daily. Here are a few tips to rid your home of those contaminants.
- Clean regularly touched surfaces. Although washing your hands regularly is a great habit, there is still a chance germs can be transferred to surfaces. Disinfect areas that are touched regularly, like handles, light switches, tables, and countertops, with a microfiber cloth dipped in hot water and all-purpose cleaner.
- Wash dishes the right way. If you use a dishwasher, make sure the water temperature is set to 140 degrees Fahrenheit and use detergent that lists chlorine bleach as an ingredient.
- Disinfect soft surfaces in the living room. Although disinfecting tables, light switches, and lamps is a great starting place, be sure to focus on pillows, couches, and chairs too. Purchase a disinfecting spray that is meant for fabrics to kill lingering bacteria and read and follow the instructions carefully to ensure it is effective.
- Don’t forget your devices. Sanitizing TV remotes, video game controllers, computer keyboards and mice, and cellphones is crucial. Use disinfecting wipes to carefully sanitize all surfaces and buttons or, if you don’t have wipes, spray disinfectant on a paper towel then wipe the device.
- Properly sanitize your laundry. One of the easiest ways bacteria travels into the home is on clothing. Set your washing machine either to the sanitize setting, or if not applicable, the warmest water temperature and use a laundry sanitizer.